Cub Scouting is for boys currently in 1st through 5th grade. Boys do not have to go to any particular school or live in any particular area to join Cub Scouts with Pack 51. The choice of a Cub Scout Pack is usually a matter of where friends are joining and/or the convenience of the meeting location (in our case, Christ Lutheran Church – Clarendon Hills).
Youth – In order for their sons to join Pack 51, one parent or legal guardian must:
(1) complete the official youth application form (download, print, and compete page 5)
(2) submit a check payable to Cub Scout Pack 51 for $95
(3) complete the Pack 51 roster sheet (download and print)
(4) complete Part A & B of the Health History Form and attach a copy of the parent or legal guardian health insurance card (download and print Part A & B)
*Completed forms and checks should be submitted to Katie Haraburda (Pack 51 Registration). Contact Katie for her address at email@example.com.
Den Leaders and Adult Leaders – For an adult to officially join Pack 51 as a den leader or other adult leader, he or she must:
(1) complete the official adult application form (download, print and compete page 4 & 5)
(2) provide his or her social security number
(3) submit to a background check
(4) complete online Youth Protection training – the certificate of completing this online Youth Protection training has to be printed out and attached to the application.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON SCHOLARSHIPS: Pack 51 wants every boy to experience the fun of Cub Scouting. Although the cost of joining Cub Scouting is not very expensive, if there is any financial difficulty with the joining fees, or den fees, please contact Cubmaster Mark Haraburda (see the Contacts page) to confidentially discuss the availability of Pack and/or Council scholarship funds. It is the express policy of Pack 51 that no boy will be denied the benefits of Cub Scouting simply because of financial reasons.